11.28.2010

How do I declare my love for my OTL?

Wednesday, December 31
I missed Mia's call again. I was forced to attend my grandparents' "New Years' Eve bash" at the community center. A whole night of pretending to like Ricky Martin. Ugh. When we got home, there was a message from Mia. I ran to my computer and started typing out a message to email to her. I was hoping to connect with her on AIM, but of course, there was no such luck! So I just wrote:

Mia, sorry to have missed your call. I was @ my grandparents' retirement complex's New Year's bash (they played Ricky Martin and thought they were on the cutting edge). Didn't you get my message? Well, anyway, happy New Year and I really miss you and all of that.

P.S. Are they keeping you locked in a tower over there or what? Because even prisoners get phone privileges. Am I going to have to come to Genovia and climb up your hair to get you out or something?

I know the bit about climbing up her hair was idiotic. I wanted to tell her I loved her, but somehow I felt weird. Emailing my love? I don't know. I got freaked out at the thought of some flunky pre-screening her email. I can only hope that she knows my "and all of that" equates love. Who knows if she will even see it? I saw a press release on the Royal Genovian Website, quoting a speech she delivered to the Genovian public, via television. It accompanied a photo of her with a diamond and amethyst tiara on her head. She was so beautiful in that picture!!!!!!!! On Google News, there were a lot of articles about Mia suggesting that Genovia should incorporate parking meters along its coast, to charge the influx of tourists for the privilege of enjoying the pristine beaches. Apparently, she mentioned this idea while addressing the Geneovian public, via TV, in her first official address to the Genovian public. There has been a mixed response. Some officials, like the Genovian minister of finance, think her suggestion is a stroke of genius. But others, like the minister of tourism, hate the idea of the parking meters because they fear that charging for parking could be a deterrent to the daytrippers. I happen to agree with Mia when she pointed out that the daytrippers are causing more damage than doing any good for Genovia. But maybe I'm a little biased. She is my girlfriend, after all. Hell yeah! She is my girlfriend! Woohoo!!!! Mia Thermopolis is my girlfriend! I feel like doing somersaults. I feel like going surfing. Except I don't surf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment