11.27.2010

Gramps & his stinky foot powder!

Monday, December 22, Boca condo, my bedroom
If it weren't for having to Walgreens to pick up my grandpa's Rx foot powder, I would have spoken to Mia today. It happened after breakfast. Really, it's not even his fault. Grandpa didn't even know it was ready to be picked up. It was Nana who remembered, thanks to her scarily perfect organizational system of notes. Nana has this elaborate system of post-it notes all over the house and in her datebook. She keeps track of everything. I mean, everything!!!! She has Lily's and my dental appointments annotated in her precious book that she carries with her everywhere, all the time. So it is no big surprise to me that she has Grandpa's schedule of Rx refills carefully annotated. But she was going to pick it up herself. Mom had to say, in that annoyingly cheery voice of hers, "Oh Nana, don't sweat it! Michael can pick it up for Dad, can't you, Michael?" I started to protest, but stopped dead in my tracks when she turned her murderous glare on me. "Sure I can," I said, all defeated. No problem. It's not like I don't have a webzine to maintain, a girlfriend to think about, or anything! The worst part is that while I was out picking up the damn foot powder, MIA CALLED!!!!!!!!!!! I get home and Nana was like, "Oh sweetie, thank you. By the way, Mia called. She's such a darling. It's too bad she's not Jewish." Geez!!!!!!!! I can't believe my rotten luck. Mia called!! My Mia!! I missed the chance to hear her sweet voice, and not for something cool like an Indiana Jones movie marathon on the SciFi channel. For foot powder!!!!!!!! Of course, I'd be bummed for missing Mia's call no matter what, even if it was an Indiana Jones movie marathon. Gramps and Nana don't even have the SciFi channel. Which reminds me that I have to talk to them about that.

So I went online, hoping to see the best, sweetest screen name (Ftlouie) on my AIM buddy list. She wasn't online (not really a big surprise, I mean, she's busy doing princess stuff and everything) but Paul (from the computer club) was online, so I talked to him about stuff. We mostly talked about how much Windows XP sucks and how much Linux rocks. Then he mentioned Mia. He said there was a trailer on TV for the movie version of Mia's life. All fourteen years of it. I did a google search on Mia and apparently the made-for-TV movie is called "American Princess" or whatever. There was also a news story from Associated Press about Mia on some naval cruiser in Genovia's port. There was a picture. She was so cute. Damn, I miss her. Anyway, I guess she tripped over the anchor chain or something. It's no wonder why. She should know better than to wear five-inch heels on a ship! But it was worse than just embarrassing because she knocked over some admiral and he fell overboard and the crew had to fish him out of the water with a harpoon. There was a quote from Mia. She said it was a pity that the Genovian tourist traffic was generating a deplorable amount of littering, which is threatening the welfare of the porpoises and the other life forms in the sea. That's my girl! Always conscious of the environmental and social issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment